If you are anything like me…you like a crockpot recipe that’s super easy to throw together and one that will cook all day. This is one that I think you’re going to love. It was a ‘thumbs up’ from my Person and my 7 year old, Ava. It will take about 5 minutes to prep.
You can serve with or without shredded cheese. I ate mine without the cheese and it was pretty fab!
- 2 chicken breasts or thighs (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pound dry white beans
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Rinse dried beans thoroughly and toss them in the crockpot. Add everything else except toppings. Stir a little bit and cook on low for 7-10 hours.
- Shred the chicken a little bit with two forks (this should be super easy - the chicken will be falling apart by this point). Stir in 1 tsp. Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream. Add 1 Blue Container cheese if desired.
Curious about what the 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme is all about? Get more information HERE